All styles feature five leg “star” bases in various materials and finishes:
- Molded black nylon
- Cast aluminum in polished or powder coated finishes
- Stained hardwood over welded steel interior framing
Twin Roll Casters
Bases feature twin roll casters designed for use on carpeted floors as standard. Rubber tired casters are available upon request for hard surface flooring.
All chairs feature swivel, tilt mechanisms with an adjustable tilt tension control that can be set to accommodate the user’s weight and stature.
Seating height adjustment of the Suspa gas lift is controlled by the up and down motion of a side lever. If pushed in the lever will lock the seat in an upright position when required. These features are easily explained to daily guests by bellmen or floor staff. Gas Lift Cylinder is rated for 350lbs.
Adjustable arms on styles for conference center and executive use are adjustable for response to the user’s height and comfort preferences.
Knee Joint Tilting
The knee joint tilting mechanisms featured on certain conference and executive chairs offer a smooth tilting motion without lifting one’s feet off the floor.
An adjustable lumbar support is featured on select mesh back chairs only and can be positioned for optimal comfort to the user’s spine and lower back.
Leather & Leather Match Upholstery
Leather Match vinyl has a minimum order of 100 yards which represents approximately 50 Executive chairs. We do have other Faux Leather options in our line of fabrics that do not have a minimum requirement. (Dillon, Cantina, Canter, Castillo & Icon, see our Upholstery Selections for colors)
Notes regarding Dimensions and Variations
Dimensions shown with each style in this catalog may vary from actual measurements. For easy reference, most styles are 24” (60cm) in width. Seat and overall heights are determined by gas lift settings and vary by up to 4” (10cm). DPC reserves the right to make minor modifications to the illustrated styles, and substitute certain materials, that do not affect the serviceability nor long term durability of these products.
- No tools are required to assemble any Daniel Paul Chairs ergonomic task chair! This saves the property both time and expense during installation and eliminates any problem of missing hardware or parts.
- Chairs are shipped half-assembled in three components: a seat upper with tilt mechanism installed; a five leg base with casters installed; a gas lift column with telescoping plastic cover.
- Carefully remove all components from the carton and unwrap all pieces.
- To assemble, first place the seat upper on its back on the floor. Second, place the telescoping column lift cover over the column and insert the small tapered column end into the matching hole in the tilt mechanism on the underside of the seat. Third, place the five leg base onto the large tapered bottom end of the lift cylinder. Carefully lift the assembled chair to the sitting position and sit on it. The initial act of sitting will lock the three pieces together through the tapered connections.
- Visually inspect the chair and try all controls to determine that all work properly.
Warnings, Safety Cautions and Prevention of Damage
- Never stand on the seat of the chair since it can swivel and tilt causing one to fall to possible injury.
- Never expose chairs to open flame or lit cigarettes. Upholstery materials and internal components, while resistant to small ignition sources, could ignite and expose occupants to dangers of heat and toxic gases.
- Ergonomic task chairs should not be placed in areas where users could roll across different floor surfaces or down a step or incline. Casters are provided on bases for ease of movement within the normal use area and the free-wheeling of chairs across a room or area by seated users should not be allowed. Chairs rolling across rough surfaces or different elevations could cause the user to be thrown from chair and lead to personal injury.
- Sufficient space must be allowed around the normal area of use so that the chair will not come in contact when swiveled or tilted with walls, tables, dressers or other surfaces that could scuff or cut the upholstery or damage those items.
- All leather upholstery materials are top quality. However, if scuffed, the original leather color can often be restored through application of the same stains or treatments designed for good shoe leathers. Any spills or food substances should be removed as soon as possible with a damp cloth. Mild soap solution on the damp cloth may aid substance removal but avoid use of harsh chemical or abrasive cleaners.
- Remove from service immediately any chairs that have missing or broken casters, defective gas lifts or tilt mechanisms or which show signs of potential failure due to frame fractures or cracks or loose assembly fasteners.